Ford Forums banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
7,750 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey I love all these face options.

Anyone seen some nice wheel designs that would suit XR AU models. I like the wheels on the Xplod show car. They are a Kahn rsr wheel that is sold by Herrod, but these are the only aftermarket wheel I have seen fitted. Anyone else see something that looks good?

·
Registered
7,750 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Yes it is. Most places that sell tyres have charts showing what tyre goes with what wheel to keep speedo happy. My spare is only 15 " and I am reasonably sure it is 65 series rubber.

·
Bring Back the 24hr!!!
5,809 Posts
Read in wheels that the designers at Ford are fighting the engineers over how low the Falcon will ride and how big the wheels will be....
Lets hope for a change that the engineers don't win (like on the EF....) and we get some Falcons with nice large wheels and a low ride height.

·
The SparkleHunter™
10,144 Posts
I think Ford have learned a BIG lesson from the AU Falcon.
Having Holden hand them their arse on a plate every month hurts us blokes, so how does Ford feel. Pretty embarrassed I'd reckon. I think the Falcons we'll see from now on will be great looking cars (they'd friggin better be anyway...)

·
EB Fairmont Owner
191 Posts
Hey thanks J-Type - that looks great!!

Glad to see they are still thinking of using the quad style headlights at the front - an XR trademark!

Jase

·
The SparkleHunter™
10,144 Posts
Are you sure you want to post the piccie this far out from production?...

Anyway, it's up to you fella... (looks pretty trick in colour :D )

·
Registered
7,750 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Just ordered a new set of springs and window tint. They did a good job working of the pic :D

·
Registered
7,750 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Hey that is just the ride height I have ordered the new springs Hehe.
I hope the real thing comes out like that martin. I think it looks good.

·
Formerly J-type
1,629 Posts
I've thought about it and I'm not too worried because back over at BON I mentioned that I would have some info regarding the AV wagon from a source.
He's seen the pics of the XR6 but he reckons the front looks a bit more roundish.
But if the XR6 picture is the real thing it still does'nt bother me as long as I DON'T ever see it turning up at BON or any other website or in Wheels and Motor.
I should have copy writed the picture, so if I did find the picture any where I would be able to sue them a AU11 XR8.

·
The SparkleHunter™
10,144 Posts
J-Type if you think that's near to the real thing can you please remove it unitl we get closer to AV launch. If your confident this won't cause a hassle I don't want to edit your posts.

Things like this drawing are much better left to email so no-one from the factory knows what info we've actually got. ;)

If you've got any worries send me an email and we'll work something out.

·
The SparkleHunter™
10,144 Posts
Posts have been deleted....

Sorry guys but my consience got the better of me...

Anything like the pictures that were posted or bonifide information is best kept to email...

Not only would Ford have kittens but I would hate to see Fishermans Bend get a leg up over Broady. God knows they have enough advantage already.

If you guys have a major drama with what I've done please send me an email and I'll explain...

Cheers

1 - 15 of 15 Posts
About this Discussion
14 Replies
6 Participants
The Stylist
Ford Forums
Ford Forum is a community to discuss all things Ford. Check out our discussions on the Ford Escape, Mustang, Edge, F-150, Raptor, Explorer, Focus, Fusion, Fiesta and more!
Full Forum Listing