Ford Forums banner
1 - 20 of 22 Posts

· Registered
80 Posts
Is the limiter on AU onwards? Or will it also be on my EF falcon.
I have only given it a few quick bursts down the motorway up to about 170kmh, and then flick the cruise control on and sit at 3000rpm in top gear at 175. (briefly)
Maybe I will need to leave my foot down in third for a bit longer.

· Registered
180 Posts
CraigS288 said:
Is the limiter on AU onwards? Or will it also be on my EF falcon.
I have only given it a few quick bursts down the motorway up to about 170kmh, and then flick the cruise control on and sit at 3000rpm in top gear at 175. (briefly)
Maybe I will need to leave my foot down in third for a bit longer.
YES YOU HAVE ON ASWELL

· Registered
442 Posts
I sincerely hope that those who have removed/raised their speed limiter have had some serious work done to their tail shaft or got some sort of hoop under each end.
Had it occurred to anyone that these cars are speed limited because they tend to die after 180km/h?
Somehwere above 180 the tailshaft will go into a harmonic vibration. How far above I don't know, but you only have to be at that speed for a brief period to end up with your car attempting a pole vault or trailing the shaft behind. The XR series of cars aren't limited because they have a different setup to the standard cars.
If you don't plan on upgrading the tailshaft and its associated components I'd strongly suggest leaving the limiter alone.

· Registered
52 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
madmelon said:
I sincerely hope that those who have removed/raised their speed limiter have had some serious work done to their tail shaft or got some sort of hoop under each end.
Had it occurred to anyone that these cars are speed limited because they tend to die after 180km/h?
Somehwere above 180 the tailshaft will go into a harmonic vibration. How far above I don't know, but you only have to be at that speed for a brief period to end up with your car attempting a pole vault or trailing the shaft behind. The XR series of cars aren't limited because they have a different setup to the standard cars.
If you don't plan on upgrading the tailshaft and its associated components I'd strongly suggest leaving the limiter alone.
so what mods do i have to do to the tailshaft & its components to make it safe at 180 km/h & over :teach:

· Registered Cruiser
71 Posts
Hi, I might sounds like w*nker here, but to me the simple solution is to not drive that fast on public roads, no fast speed means you dont need a cop limiter...

I get really angry at people who drive that fast, it gives people with nice big engines big insurance premiums because eventually, YOU WILL CRASH..

Seriously people... you could kill someone going that fast and for what reason?

So you can tell your mates on the forum you went to 200km/h and possible bugger your car up?

Wait until you get pulled over by a cop going that fast and then have to front up to court for reckless driving, loose your licence and have to ride a push bike to work for 2 years.. Its really not worth it and it will change your viewpoint..

If you want to go fast I can see three options: drive on a race track, buy a motor bike or become a cop.

Hopefully the first two options would result in only yourself getting hurt, while the third option you would be chasing someone else and doing something worth while..

Im not trying to provoke an attack from someone else, but next time you want to drive that fast try to consider the car 1km down the road you cant see (it might be you one day with your family)...

cheers

· Registered
52 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
G0lg0tha said:
Hi, I might sounds like w*nker here, but to me the simple solution is to not drive that fast on public roads, no fast speed means you dont need a cop limiter...

I get really angry at people who drive that fast, it gives people with nice big engines big insurance premiums because eventually, YOU WILL CRASH..

Seriously people... you could kill someone going that fast and for what reason?

So you can tell your mates on the forum you went to 200km/h and possible bugger your car up?

Wait until you get pulled over by a cop going that fast and then have to front up to court for reckless driving, loose your licence and have to ride a push bike to work for 2 years.. Its really not worth it and it will change your viewpoint..

If you want to go fast I can see three options: drive on a race track, buy a motor bike or become a cop.

Hopefully the first two options would result in only yourself getting hurt, while the third option you would be chasing someone else and doing something worth while..

Im not trying to provoke an attack from someone else, but next time you want to drive that fast try to consider the car 1km down the road you cant see (it might be you one day with your family)...

cheers
ehhhhhh !!!! most people intend higher speeds for the track , but also durability , sustained high speed freeway driving 110km/h with a improperly balanced drive shaft would surely produce bad drivetrain harmonics , thus lead to component failure ? "yes" :driver:

1 - 20 of 22 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.