1 - 20 of 68 Posts

·
BLUEPRINT
87 Posts
Discussion Starter #1

·
Registered
1,927 Posts
DEV-BA Scavenger" Headers (Extractors), Hi-Performance 2.5" mandrel bent exhaust system, Hi-Flow 2.5" Catalytic converter with header pipe, DEV performance spark plugs, Hi-Volume intake Air-Flow conversion kit, UniChip Interceptor Computer.DEV-BA Scavenger" Headers (Extractors), Hi-Performance 2.5" mandrel bent exhaust system, Hi-Flow 2.5" Catalytic converter with header pipe, DEV performance spark plugs, Hi-Volume intake Air-Flow conversion kit, UniChip Interceptor Computer.

$3400 seems a lot pay for an exhaust system, cold air induction, spark plugs and a chip. What sort of fuel economy does the thing get?
Oh I just read thats with an aftermarket computer as well!!!

·
Registered
1,972 Posts
that's not bad for just intake, extractors, exhaust + chip!

·
BLUEPRINT
87 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
xcgxl said:
DEV-BA Scavenger" Headers (Extractors), Hi-Performance 2.5" mandrel bent exhaust system, Hi-Flow 2.5" Catalytic converter with header pipe, DEV performance spark plugs, Hi-Volume intake Air-Flow conversion kit, UniChip Interceptor Computer.

$3400 seems a lot pay for an exhaust system, cold air induction, spark plugs and a chip. What sort of fuel economy does the thing get?
The UniChip Computer, Fitted and Dyno Tuned = $1,400 and zorst for about $1200, rest is bit over priced, these two things would do most of the gain, + good free flowing filter. I think the 2.5in zorst is misprint, would be 3in + 3in cat. like in DEVA2 of the second link.

·
Registered
2,410 Posts
xcgxl said:
DEV-BA Scavenger" Headers (Extractors), Hi-Performance 2.5" mandrel bent exhaust system, Hi-Flow 2.5" Catalytic converter with header pipe, DEV performance spark plugs, Hi-Volume intake Air-Flow conversion kit, UniChip Interceptor Computer.DEV-BA Scavenger" Headers (Extractors), Hi-Performance 2.5" mandrel bent exhaust system, Hi-Flow 2.5" Catalytic converter with header pipe, DEV performance spark plugs, Hi-Volume intake Air-Flow conversion kit, UniChip Interceptor Computer.

The exhaust setup im looking at is going to set me back arond $4,ooo for my MKII.

·
FF Town Mayor
1,700 Posts
I have the JMM DEV3 BA kit. I got it last week. I already had the Unichip, so I only had to pay for DEV2 (which is DEV3 minus the chip).

Cost around $2100 fitted. 182rwkw on their dyno. 158rwkw on the dyno I usually go to here in Adelaide.

You wont get 180rwkw out of DEV3BA kit.... not on a regular dyno dynamics dyno....

Having said that, it IS good! It sounds heaps better, goes heaps better and its using a fair bit less fuel. Jim and Brendan did a great job and are top blokes. If youre gonna do it, just forget about rwkw... IMO

·
FF Town Mayor
1,700 Posts
xr6 ute said:
The UniChip Computer, Fitted and Dyno Tuned = $1,400 and zorst for about $1200, rest is bit over priced, these two things would do most of the gain, + good free flowing filter. I think the 2.5in zorst is misprint, would be 3in + 3in cat. like in DEVA2 of the second link.
No, its not a misprint. I got the 2.5 inch exhaust and cat. The 2.5 is the DEV2 and the 3.0 is DEV2A from memory....

·
Mr Photoshop
1,155 Posts
Sorry but i don't see 180rwkw being really achievable with just those mods. As XRchic has shown what it's real power is. It is really deceptive making people actually think they have as much power as a turbo. Does anyone know if a stock turbo has been dyno'd at the mocks?

·
FF Town Mayor
1,700 Posts
CSV_LS1 said:
Sorry but i don't see 180rwkw being really achievable with just those mods. As XRchic has shown what it's real power is. It is really deceptive making people actually think they have as much power as a turbo. Does anyone know if a stock turbo has been dyno'd at the mocks?
That Im not sure of. But they were talking about it so I suspect so. I have no figures though. Would be interesting to know.

·
Registered
644 Posts
how can 2 dynos be do different?
i mean i know theres a difference at different dynos but 30rwkw is quite a bit!

·
Registered
629 Posts
Another JMM Dyno bagout thread!!!!!

Its all been said before.

Go to a dyno day and see what it gets in comparison to other cars on the same day same dyno. You will have a better idea then. Honestly I think the 158rwkw is a good honest figure. 182rwkw I doubt it.

·
BOFH
7,560 Posts
Meh, dynos have only 1 use.
Put you car on a dyno, get readout. Make mods to your car and place on the same dyno again (pref the same day). Get readout. Compare. If it is an improvement than thats great and the dyno has served its purpose.
Anything else (comparison of dyno vs dyno) really has little more than a "interest" factor.
If you want to really compare, go to the track and race.

·
Registered
455 Posts
it doesn't matter if its 180rwkw, 280rwkw or 380rwkw.

specify u want a before and after graph, done at same revs, same tyre pressures, and STRAPPED DOWN F*ING TIGHT.

Then overlay the two graph.

Oh, and you may want to check out the OFR opinion - they will advise the 1/4 mile as a test - they have some of the faster cars.

Do you want a good looking dyno sheet? or do you want a fast car?

·
BOFH
7,560 Posts
EB 5.6 said:
it doesn't matter if its 180rwkw, 280rwkw or 380rwkw.

specify u want a before and after graph, done at same revs, same tyre pressures, and STRAPPED DOWN F*ING TIGHT.

Then overlay the two graph.

Oh, and you may want to check out the OFR opinion - they will advise the 1/4 mile as a test - they have some of the faster cars.

Do you want a good looking dyno sheet? or do you want a fast car?
Exactly.
I couldnt care less if my dyno numbers read 50rwkw lower than someone elses cause, on the track, if I'm faster than I'M FASTER!

·
Mr Photoshop
1,155 Posts
If their dyno reads high fine but if they are advertising an NA BA 6 can make as much power as a stock XR6T with just bolt on's then it becomes misleading.

·
BLUEPRINT
87 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
XRchic said:
I have the JMM DEV3 BA kit. I got it last week. I already had the Unichip, so I only had to pay for DEV2 (which is DEV3 minus the chip).

Cost around $2100 fitted. 182rwkw on their dyno. 158rwkw on the dyno I usually go to here in Adelaide.

You wont get 180rwkw out of DEV3BA kit.... not on a regular dyno dynamics dyno....

Having said that, it IS good! It sounds heaps better, goes heaps better and its using a fair bit less fuel. Jim and Brendan did a great job and are top blokes. If youre gonna do it, just forget about rwkw... IMO
Thats strange that the Deva2 kits uses 3in zorst with 172kw, then if you want more power with the Dev3 kits 180kw, you have to reduce zorst diameter to 2.5? wierd, generally bigger zorst = more power, to a certain degree.
XRchik, you said "goes heaps better and its using a fair bit less fuel" What milage were you getting before and after your mods? Not often you see power increase, petrol decrease. You sure? XRchic with your extractors and bigger pipes, does it sound good? Im thinking of getting a zorst to make it a bit louder and nicer sounding. Doesn't sound like another shit box, rattly, tiney vn commondore does it? Cheers

·
Registered
69 Posts
I have mods to my BA XR6 N/A Auto that are almost the same as XRChic. I am running a TSI Chip, Pacemakers, Hi-Flow Cat, K&N Filter, 2.5 inch exhaust. Rear wheel HP or KW will always be questionalbe, my last tune on the "Dyno Dynamics" came in at 242rwhp which is about 180.5rwkw.

I ran it down the strip at Willowbank a couple of months ago an came up with a [email protected] That is a damn fine effort for an BA XR6 N/A auto in my opinion. These things are seriously heavy cars, my car might have near the same rwkw as the XR6T....on the lower scale that is....but the Barra N/A will NEVER have the same torque curve as the "T".

·
Falcontastic.
6,039 Posts
CSV_LS1 said:
I agree with you mate, I don't see this fiqure beeing achievable.

·
BOFH
7,560 Posts
XR6 N/A Modded said:
I have mods to my BA XR6 N/A Auto that are almost the same as XRChic. I am running a TSI Chip, Pacemakers, Hi-Flow Cat, K&N Filter, 2.5 inch exhaust. Rear wheel HP or KW will always be questionalbe, my last tune on the "Dyno Dynamics" came in at 242rwhp which is about 180.5rwkw.

I ran it down the strip at Willowbank a couple of months ago an came up with a [email protected] That is a damn fine effort for an BA XR6 N/A auto in my opinion. These things are seriously heavy cars, my car might have near the same rwkw as the XR6T....on the lower scale that is....but the Barra N/A will NEVER have the same torque curve as the "T".
I hate to bust your bubble but you dont have 180rwkw with that sort of time. I agree, the BA is a heavy car however it is not considerably more heavy than my VCT. I have around 140-144rwkw and have run a [email protected] and feel the car is good for some sort of 14.9x run...and its an auto as well so no "manual" bonus points. I also so not have a chip in it. I would place a guess that you are running closer to 160rwkw with that time.

1 - 20 of 68 Posts