Ford Forums banner
61 - 68 of 68 Posts
Well that 60' is a shocker I am sorry to say.

The good news is the 400m is all about the launch and the 60' so you have to do much better when you get it down. Casper with his quite heavy IRS VCT XR6 is doing 2.30's and even my Fairmont wagon is getting 2.36 and both of us will readily agree our cars are slow of the mark but going well enough.

I don't what is slowing you off the mark but fix that and your times will come down and a lot. See that .06 difference between me and casper on the 60' well it puts you behind all the way.

By the way XR6T's do around 2.0-2.10 for the 60'.

Casper said:
I agree, there is improvement to be had for sure. You have an easy 14.7 sitting there for the taking.
Its not the time that I'm concerned with though, its the MPH. It is a very good indicator of power and, regardless of the 60 foot time, still shows itself to be reasonably accruate.
An example from my own records. These are 2 runs I did on the same night a while back during the chip challenge.
Run 1.
60 ' 2.541
ET 16.242
MPH 87.53

Run 2.
60 ' 2.380
ET 15.942
MPH 88.06

As you can see, vastly different 60' times, over .3 of a difference in ET (in drag racing, without a car being changed, thats a hell of an improvement) however the MPH at the end of the track is only 0.5mph different. This just keeps takeing me back to the fact that 92mph...even 93mph, just doesnt add up to 180rwkw

Also, estimating 1900kg is way off. An admin on this site weighed his BA GT-P when he got it. Including himself and 2/3 a tank of fuel he got 1821kgs on a weighbridge. I'm sorry to tell you but your XR6 does not weigh close to a fully decked out GT-P. I think you'll find its a lot closer to 1800kg than 1900kg.
The only way I think I'll ever get the kg right is to go to a weigh station and get it weighed...lol.....I'm only going by what other guys are telling me who own BA XR's about the weight.

Rwkw's aside, if I can possibly pull a 14.7 down the 1/4 in my N/A that's not too shabby with just bolt on's. I have seen stock XR6T's run not much better than that anyway, Last time I was at Willowbank there were 2 "T"'s that could'nt better 14.6.

My N/A might be running 180rwkw but it probably isn't. But if I run a 14.7 and the XR6T in the next lane to me runs a 14.6 all night long, does that mean I am close???

Cheers

XR6 N/A Modded said:
The only way I think I'll ever get the kg right is to go to a weigh station and get it weighed...lol.....I'm only going by what other guys are telling me who own BA XR's about the weight.

Rwkw's aside, if I can possibly pull a 14.7 down the 1/4 in my N/A that's not too shabby with just bolt on's. I have seen stock XR6T's run not much better than that anyway, Last time I was at Willowbank there were 2 "T"'s that could'nt better 14.6.

My N/A might be running 180rwkw but it probably isn't. But if I run a 14.7 and the XR6T in the next lane to me runs a 14.6 all night long, does that mean I am close???

Cheers
LOL, the times you are running now are excellent to start with. As I said, to get into the 14's as no small feat. It's not as common as people may lead you to believe. You certainly have nothing to be worried about, your car is running very well.

As for an XR6T running 14.6, I've yet to see one run that slow. It may say that in Motor but they are a lot quicker than that from what I've seen. I still stand by my first estimate, your probably running around 160-165rwkw. That alone is VERY good power from any I6.

Casper said:
LOL, the times you are running now are excellent to start with. As I said, to get into the 14's as no small feat. It's not as common as people may lead you to believe. You certainly have nothing to be worried about, your car is running very well.
As for an XR6T running 14.6, I've yet to see one run that slow. It may say that in Motor but they are a lot quicker than that from what I've seen. I still stand by my first estimate, your probably running around 160-165rwkw. That alone is VERY good power from any I6.
LOL, your right......I have now put in a 2nd CAI since my last run and shortly installing an adjustable shift kit to see if that will help the auto. Maybe these other mods will ultimately help my top end and my launch.....will see.

I love this forum...fantastic

i have series 2 ef pushing over 180 rwkw whats all the rackus about????? more photos in cold air indution forum. standard ford computer had chiptourqe done sent back because caused all problems in would wont touch with anyones 10 foot pole. not much standard in motor.

Attachments

I have just stumbled across this forum and reading the whole thread It made me have a good laugh.
Kws and hp on a dyno are actually useless figures as to get the figures it's a mathematical equation worked out from your tourque speed and rpm figures.

I can say for a fact that the kits from JMM would not even come close to the figures you apparently gain.

Now to the quarter mile times, a standard xr6 back runs 15.2.

A standard ba xr6T runs 14.1.

Now whoever it was that has the JMM kit with with the apparent 180+rwkw only ran a 14.9.
A 3 tenth gain for 40 extra rwkw, you should be gaining nearly a second with that extra amount.

With the JMM kit you apparently have the same rwkw as a standard bar xr6t.
With the bolt on options in those kits you would have been lucky to gain an extra 15rwkw at the most.

61 - 68 of 68 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.