Ford Forums banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
We have this Model A in our museum. It was donated in 1986 and listed as a 1903 Model A. The donor history shows it only having two previous owners. First owner, 1903 to sometime in the 1930s and the second owner from the 30s till it came to the museum. The car was identified as a 1904 in 2017. Only recently have we taken a close look at the paper work and based on the reasoning, we'd like to have some more opinions. We know for sure that the engine number is #662 which would make it a 1903. The chassis is original, but some of the body work has been replaced over the years. We believe in the 1970s it was repainted with red lacquer. Let me know if you need additional photos. I appreciate all the help!
Wheel Tire Vehicle Motor vehicle Automotive tire

Tire Wheel Land vehicle Vehicle Motor vehicle

·
Super Moderator
10,245 Posts
I can't find any differences in the two years, pretty much they were the same car, The engine may not be original, left over from the previous year, or the car was built in '03 but sold to the original owner in '04. Since only 1750 of them were produced, there's probably not a lot of survivors left, Ford may have an interest in it and be willing to help you with the year.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts