Ford Forums banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Mr. Embargo
3,745 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Thought I'd post an oldie!

This has to be one of my favourite Ford's that my father has built. He built this one in 75, just in time for the 2nd Anniversary Nationals where he had a heap of trouble with the boys in blue for not having fenders.

The car won at a fair few shows and managed to get on the cover of tons of street rod mags.

This one ran a Ford Y block with Edelbrock twin 4 barrel manifold and carbs. Front suspension was transverse with 1/4 elliptic springing at rear. It was coated 12 times with Chrome Yellow lacquer.

The car was sold off about five years later, along with some other great legendary Fords which I'll post later.

·
Registered
3,023 Posts
Sweet ride!

I want my XR in that colour!:s6: :s6:

·
Registered
7,750 Posts
Martin said:
Sweet ride!

I want my XR in that colour!:s6: :s6:
Thats right you love Yellow. I had nearly forgot.

Nice rod. Did you have any part in help your father with it or on any other projects?

·
Mr. Embargo
3,745 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
No I haven't helped him with any before. But he's in the preperations of building another rod again and I've hinted to him that I'll lend a hand...but only if he doesn't use a chev engine like he was planning to.

·
Registered
7,750 Posts
RPO83 said:
No I haven't helped him with any before. But he's in the preperations of building another rod again and I've hinted to him that I'll lend a hand...but only if he doesn't use a chev engine like he was planning to.
Hehe Ok! SOmething I did a few time with my dat and one of the cars was a holden. We got on each others nerves a bit but it is somethhing I will remember for life.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts