Ford Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
New to this forum trying to find out how special my 1956 T-bird is. It was an export to Argentinia when it came back to the states in 1962 my Mom bought it. I have never seen another one like it was wondering if anyone could direct me to a forum that would help. Thanks Ron

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I got basic info, but I think that this particular car might be very rare. It was exported to Argentina and made it back to the states...that doesnt happen often. So, it has a kilometer speedometer...havent seen another with one. It has a 312 engine with a 3speed w/ overdirve transmission...havent seen another one. Most are automatic trans or 3 speed with no OD. How would I look for information on how many cars were made with these unusual characteristics? And if I got that info, then how many would be still alive and running?

·
1,836 Posts
I got basic info, but I think that this particular car might be very rare. It was exported to Argentina and made it back to the states...that doesnt happen often. So, it has a kilometer speedometer...havent seen another with one. It has a 312 engine with a 3speed w/ overdirve transmission...havent seen another one. Most are automatic trans or 3 speed with no OD. How would I look for information on how many cars were made with these unusual characteristics? And if I got that info, then how many would be still alive and running?
Try this forum: Vintage Thunderbird Club International :: Index

How many left??? Can't be sure. Here's a site for T-Bird owners to register their cars and detail their uniqueness. Wouldn't be surprised if the feature your car for a month.

Thunderbird Registry - 1955-2005 Ford Thunderbird Database

1 - 5 of 5 Posts