Ford Forums banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Greetings all, I have acquired a original 62 galaxie 4 door car, 292 v-8, 3 speed on the tree, power nothing. Been stored the last 26 years and am working on the dash to get things working properly and am having a hard time finding an original turn signal switch. I have the old one, but somebody cut the harness and installed a Chieftrain after market unit that mounts to the steering column. The switch itself looks pretty simple except for inside the plastic housing containing the brass switch parts. Since they cut the harness was looking for a replacement unit instead of having to reconnect the wires which they left pretty short on the switch side. I've looked at just about every parts place I know of or can find and they have plenty for every other car, but not for 62. Any help would be appreciated. Picture attached for reference.

Attachments

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I have been all over that, but even when it states 1962, it looks nothing like mine. Most only sell the cam, but bought one of those and it isn't the right one either.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
I don't know if it's because mine is a base model or don't believe mine has 4 ways/emergency flashers....The turn signal arm only goes up one click and down one click from center, and the turn signal lever will not fir the one pictured on the ebay add???? I think I might have the only one of it's kind, lol.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts