Ford Forums banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi all. A few years ago, we inherited a 62 Thunderbird Sportster Convertible and I've been learning to do some work on it here and there.

Recently, I got the rear deck working and everything seems to be good but the flip lid motor wouldn't seem to complete the cycle. I was thinking something was wrong with it, so I took it off and started examining it.

It turns out I was wrong as to why it wouldn't work, it was an electrical issue. :p

After fixing that, though, my flip lid motor doesn't work at all now. I don't think I have the tension on the screws exactly right.

I guess I have to have it rebuilt, but I am thinking I should buy a spare. Does anyone have any suggestions for me? Where I might buy one? Or a reputable rebuilder?

Thanks in advance for any suggestions,
A restoration novice

·
1,836 Posts
Moved to correct forum. Cat, that's the main hydraulic pump for raising or lowering the top and decklid. He is talking about the upper back panel or flipper lid that fills in the space in between the decklid and the package tray when the top is down. Marble, why not call the place on the label, Pat Wilson's T-Birds? You could also try the T-Bird Ranch. They sell reconditioned parts:
Thunderbird Ranch

1 - 3 of 3 Posts