Ford Forums banner

1 - 20 of 30 Posts

·
Registered
16 Posts
Ohhh. Someone beat me too it. Was wanting to try this with my bronco
Ha ... you still could do it, r-clar! ;)

Cort > Old Cars, Strong Hearts
pigValve.paceMaker.cowValve | 1979 Caprice Classic (needs new owner)
"I never back down and I love a good challenge" __ Hank Williams Jr __ 'Born To Boogie'
I want too. Awesome idea. Sad part is power to weight ratio is unbelievable.
Just turn up the boost a bit...

Jeff
Thanks for the posts on my build! I was doing a 1966 F100 search on google and found this page.

Actually, I just started to build another EcoBoost Powered '66 this week. It will be 180 deg from other project. Basic swap keeping rest of truck stock.

More of a daily driver I can drive now instead of a thousand hours left until completion on the other.

Using this truck on EcoBoost Engine Swap 2

Dropping this in engine bay

Fits nice!

·
Premium Member
45 Posts
Thanks for the posts on my build! I was doing a 1966 F100 search on google and found this page.

Actually, I just started to build another EcoBoost Powered '66 this week. It will be 180 deg from other project. Basic swap keeping rest of truck stock.

More of a daily driver I can drive now instead of a thousand hours left until completion on the other.

Using this truck on EcoBoost Engine Swap 2

Dropping this in engine bay

Fits nice!

So cool, keep us posted and feel free to start a build thread here.

Jeff

·
Super Moderator
8,081 Posts

·
Registered
16 Posts
I was thinking it was 30-60 days since my last post at maximum. Only to check in and find it was back in February! No clue where all that time went.

Update :

Eco 1 has been on the road for some time now. Approx 1300 miles so far. ZERO issues its been just tinker a bit at a time. TUrn key and just drive it. Still working on proper "TUNE"
But, Is running quite nice at the moment. Just gotta sneak up on the tune a bit at a time but think we are getting close. Currently have low speed boost turned way down to stop the "wheel spin".
Max boost is limited to 19 PSI. Feels like a easy 12 second truck at current tune limited by traction.

This short video should show where Eco 1 is at right now.

I will make another post RE: Eco 2

·
Registered
16 Posts
While programming the PCM, BCM & Transmission Modules.

Also trying to figure out how to make the all new 2015 PATS operational as at the time there was no PATS bypass for the '15 & Up PCM's

I did find out also that the PCM and BCM have to be from same veh as in Push button or non push button start. Intermixing components simply does not work.

Ford even has a TSB Regarding that. Seen here. Sure learned a lot during this process!

·
Registered
16 Posts
I also found out there were many features I could turn off and on.

I also had to program trans strategy info in order for the system to work properly.

I also found the '15 & up run a very high fuel pressure from tank pump of up to 120 PSI. My truck at the time I checked was 116 PSI well within the range. I also found that the high pressure pump would run 2900 PSI !

·
Registered
16 Posts

Quick update! Still doing EcoBoost Swaps. This is number 4 into a 1966 F100/250

This is a one of five Raptor 450/510 Crate engines sold by Ford Performance. I was lucky to be able to buy one for this truck I have owned for over 20 years.

It's also getting a 10R80 10 speed auto. Goal is to fit all the Raptor parts underhood without modification to said parts and very minimal mods to truck to make it look like it belongs there.

Building a custom harness now using a stock PCM.

Interior and exterior will remain stock with exception of the large 14" brakes on all four corners and of course the custom made wheels to clear the large brakes.

·
Super Moderator
1,251 Posts
Oh man!!! That is really nice. Hats off for tackling the computer issues associated with modern hot rodding.

1 - 20 of 30 Posts