Ford Forums banner

21 - 30 of 30 Posts

·
Registered
16 Posts
Just gorgeous.
Oh man!!! That is really nice. Hats off for tackling the computer issues associated with modern hot rodding.
Thanks!

Wiring for sure the most challenging part. Donor truck the main harness was toast (firewall forward) so bought new. Trying to follow each and every wire (with all covering removed) figuring out which canbus it's all on then trying remove components not needed but keep the canbus alive a bit over my paygrade but a Ex-Ford Engineer enlightened me on how to go about doing just that. A few more lessons and may just get it!

The donor truck had only 27 miles on it! Some good parts and some not so good parts . .

Only 3 wires needed on this plug.

Only 5 fuses needed in the BJB.

Another main connector. I made a tool that can remove ANY wire from ANY connector in seconds. A life saver taking them all apart without cutting wires. If I need a option on another build I can simply just plug it in.

Very very frustrating at first trying to figure it all out but by the end I was rather enjoying it!

·
Super Moderator
1,253 Posts
I wish you would take your knowledge to a magazine. That, and certainly your (wow!) truck projects, would make an interesting series of tech articles.

·
Registered
16 Posts
I wish you would take your knowledge to a magazine. That, and certainly your (wow!) truck projects, would make an interesting series of tech articles.
If magazine would want to cover it that would be nice but I couldn’t write article if my life depended on it. Had a major book publisher contact me but couldn’t get past first page.

did get engine to crank! It just needs fuel. Was able to program the new PCM and update it to latest software, updated to final shift strategy but having issue with BCM (body control module) its new but thinks it’s for push button start. It’s not. Wiring itself is ready just needs tape and final wrap. But, need to make sure it all works first.

·
Super Moderator
1,253 Posts
Wiring and computer interface problems are the stumbling block of many modern well conceived hot rod projects. I am encouraged by your work, and humbleness. In my opinion, you clearly have the talent to write about what you have done. However, I understand that writing can be tedious and is something not usually found in a hot rodder's DNA . Please continue sharing your work with us, I would rather see your Eco boost F-100 on this site than to read about it anyway, if that makes sense?

·
Registered
16 Posts
Wiring and computer interface problems are the stumbling block of many modern well conceived hot rod projects. I am encouraged by your work, and humbleness. In my opinion, you clearly have the talent to write about what you have done. However, I understand that writing can be tedious and is something not usually found in a hot rodder's DNA . Please continue sharing your work with us, I would rather see your Eco boost F-100 on this site than to read about it anyway, if that makes sense?
Thanks! I did get it to run yesterday!
pretty excited.
It will have these options:
I added a power steering pump
Multi high speed USB (for the lower 48 state trip this fall)
10 spd auto with stock 1966 column and shifter
Full functional trip meter
Bluetooth in stock ‘66 radio
TPMS a gotta have
Of course killer Baer 14” 6p brakes
Adaptive Cruise control. It’s wired in just need to come up with $$ for sensor.
everything underhood will be 2018-20 Raptor.
full can bus so I can actually keep tabs on it all with my laptop. None of the other big $$ systems have it for dual fuel system setups on 3.5
Figured out how to eliminate all unused dash warning lights. If I want to add things in future like rear cameras or the factory tow harness it will be easy to do
I will have 45 gallon fuel capacity.
video of first start. Sounds unlike any other 3.5 orv6

·
Super Moderator
8,089 Posts
I'd love for my truck to sound like that. The company I work for might not appreciate it, but...

21 - 30 of 30 Posts