Ford Forums banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi everyone, im new here and have a few questions. I have a "68 - "76 era 390 in my 1967 ford f-100. it has edelbrock performer RPM aluminum heads, edelbrock performer RPM intake manifold and an edelbrock 750 CFM carb on it. To go with the engine i have an MSD ignition system installed complete with the ignition box, blaster coil, pro billet distributor and msd wires. The exhaust system is headers leading into a dynomax muffler on each side, they are never combined. The engine is paired with a c6 transmission into a C8TA-B dana locker 3.54 rearend. The engine runs great and feel like it has lots of torque and power. The only thing that im kicking myself about is not getting the edelbrock performer RPM cam and lifter set. Installed in the 390 is and elgin high performance cam (specs found here: Elgin Industries : Online Catalog ) my first question is how much horsepower do you think this engine is making, this is my first fe build and am not very good and guestimating the power. second, would it be worth putting the edelbrock performer RPM cam in? would i get that much more horsepower and torque? specs for the edelbrock cam can be found here: Edelbrock.com - Ford Big Block Camshafts and Matching Components - the 7106 p/n cam.
thanks for reading and thanks in advance for any insight. attached are a picture of the 390 and a picture of the f-100.

Attachments

·
Registered
278 Posts
Your average garden variety 60's 390 produced 300hp. So based on that... and removing all the emission garbage off your '76 engine and then adding the parts that you have installed, that will give you a rough idea of what kind of horse power you are putting out.

Best thing is to dyno it and then you know for sure...and that will also give you your air and fuel ratio and once you've got that dialed in then that will be your best hp and tq at the best efficency.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
About this Discussion
2 Replies
3 Participants
kdtrucker
Ford Forums
Ford Forum is a community to discuss all things Ford. Check out our discussions on the Ford Escape, Mustang, Edge, F-150, Raptor, Explorer, Focus, Fusion, Fiesta and more!
Full Forum Listing