Ford Forums banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
hi all new here thanks for letting me in . i am blowing my mind with my 67 mustang has no spark . been running around trying to figure out what to do. coil 3 months old was up dated to electronic box no points . i was told they go bad so took that out put new points in it but still no spark. can some one please put me in the right direction here first old car lol.

·
Registered
33 Posts
hi all new here thanks for letting me in . i am blowing my mind with my 67 mustang has no spark . been running around trying to figure out what to do. coil 3 months old was up dated to electronic box no points . i was told they go bad so took that out put new points in it but still no spark. can some one please put me in the right direction here first old car lol.
I am not sure if this will help or not but have you considered that the distributor is not making contact to turn the rotor? I know sometimes the rod connects the distributor to the camshaft. Many times they are two-piece or one-piece and they can either break when they are the one-piece or a cog on the two-piece rod will wear away. I would remove the distributor and inspect the rod to verify if it is one piece or two-piece and if it is two-piece make sure the cogs are in good shape and making contact with the connecting piece. You should also be able to use a magnet to get the second part out if it is two-piece.

·
Super Moderator
23,664 Posts
I am not sure if this will help or not but have you considered that the distributor is not making contact to turn the rotor? I know sometimes the rod connects the distributor to the camshaft. Many times they are two-piece or one-piece and they can either break when they are the one-piece or a cog on the two-piece rod will wear away. I would remove the distributor and inspect the rod to verify if it is one piece or two-piece and if it is two-piece make sure the cogs are in good shape and making contact with the connecting piece. You should also be able to use a magnet to get the second part out if it is two-piece.
Good point , forgot about that possibility . Got caught out a few times with this years back . Remove cap and crank engine and see if dist, rotor arm turning o.k

1 - 4 of 4 Posts