Ford Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Vintage Mustang Member
97 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have been restoring this car for a long time, and now its mostly done.Great shape, interior great condition, must see. All original, 50K original miles, Looking for around 9 thousand, you get car, the extra engine, and all extra/original parts. Pictures at http://www.geocities.com/magyar_isten/CarPage.html Email [email protected] if interested.

·
Vintage Mustang Member
70 Posts
Please don't take offense at this question BUT is that 50K ORIGINAL miles or 50K INDICATED miles? I know people looking for '67 convertibles and this point would be very important in any consideration of buying your car.

·
Vintage Mustang Member
97 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
There is actually less then 50 thousand miles on this car both Original/Actual and indicated. Why it is so very low is because this car was in storage most of its life. No offense taken at all, I am happy to answer any and all questions on this car. I have a full write-up available online at the webpage on my post above, there is a link on the page to get to the write-up.

·
Vintage Mustang Member
70 Posts
Not to rank on your car but one of the drawbacks to a sale will be the color. Lime gold was big in the 60's and 70's but not so today. If you want to capitalize on the 50K original miles, the engine bay should be a lot cleaner and the engine the correct color (Corporate blue). The low miles of this car should be a BIG selling point and the car should show better than is does in the pictures. Also, the fact that you are offering extra engines sort of calls into question why such a car would have an extra engine.

I make these points in the spirit of friendly advice from one who has been around Mustangs since the beginning. I wish you luck and hope you find a speedy sale.

·
Vintage Mustang Member
97 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
LOL! I agree with you on the color. I want to paint it silver or black, but I figure I would give it a shot and try to sell it original before I do something like that. Why I own this car now is just because of the way I got this car, it was an incredible deal I dont think anyone would have not gone for. The engine is not the correct color because its not the original engine thats in the car, the original engine is the extra engine mentioned in my write-up. That engine I took from an old 86 Mercury Gran Marquis, it was horrible looking, all rusted and dirty so I am glad of what I made it look like now. Why I replaced it was because it was 34 years with no new rings and things like that, plus there was a bad rust problem in where the water flows for cooling in the block. So I wanted to rebuild it. Now, I was offered a trade for a 1970 Mustang, I may look into this one...

1 - 5 of 5 Posts