Ford Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi guys im new to the forum i just got my first 400 and into rebuilding it this week,its a big red early leaded 5/71 engine with the DIY casting ,but i cant seem to find a emissions sticker for the rocker cover ,i have spoken to people in america and trolled the internet even for a picture but its coming up with nothing,i still have the original sticker on the cover but if i hot tank the covers its going to wipe it all off ,i thought someone here might have some imput where to find one ,see pictureD1AE 400 ,motor is all original and been in storage for 40 years ,low milage,has 8cc dish pistons and d1ae heads ect.

Attachments

·
Administrator
8,197 Posts
This 1971 400ci decal seems to be impossible to find. I've searched a couple of websites that specialize in these decals with no luck. Hopefully someone else reading this will be able to help.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
yeah its weird they did make them because we have them on our rocker covers,just could be that these early 400s are very limited in production and rare.

·
Administrator
5,020 Posts
A place called Marti Auto works used to deal with this sort of stuff but I don't know if they still do or if they have those decals. May be worth a call though if your doing a resto.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts