Ford Forums banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
I am looking for a 1971 XY GT/GTHO. Must be the real thing(No Imitations) All numbers have to match, Vehicle must be in good to showroom conditon. Genuine sellers only please no time wasters
Will pay between $30,000 to $50,000.

No need to reply to post, please ring on 0412425073

·
Dual Exhaust Warrior™
1,172 Posts
If you find a GTHO for $30-$50 grand... buy 3! no problems in finding a GT though. Contact a GT club as they know most of the cars and if they are legit or not : ) Also grandtourer in melbourne always have GTs for sale.

·
wants a manual!
1,461 Posts
XW fairmont is right you wont find a mint HO with matching numbers for 30-50k. your best bet would have to be uniqe cars. Mint HO in januarys one for $150k monza green i think but cant remember. i reckon just do up a clean GS fairmont for the amount you want to spend you could get it better than mint.

·
Chromed Member
1,810 Posts

·
Road Warrior
489 Posts
That green one has been for sale for years.
I remember seeing it about 4 years ago for $100K.

get in contact with a GT club to dee if anything is for sale.

In the new Street Machine mag they say that for a price like that you could build a replica that even the professionals would have a hard time picking.

Just get yourself a XY Fairmont & do it up.
Start with a good body & you will have a car that will go ALOT quicker that the original but still look pretty good aswell.

Cheers & let us know how you go.

·
XE ESP
61 Posts
I have a friend selling an XY GT that has been restored in the last 12 months. The car is immaculate and is optioned with 4 speed manual, factory roof, power steering and original 5 slotters. The car is white and has all matching numbers. Price will be around the $40,000 mark. You can see some pics of it at an ACT Tickford club event, here's a link Tickford club meeting 2002 it's the white XY GT, obviously.

For more info give me a call on 0438704978 and I'll put you intouch with the owner.

·
Ford Appreciation Society
3,666 Posts
That is one neat car patmore1. It'll be a shame to see him sell it.

·
Ford Appreciation Society
3,666 Posts
patmore1 said:
What the hell are you doing up so late.
Not much on TV, and I've spent the past few days reorganising the garage, so now I'm just checking the latest posts.... Back at work tomorrow :shrug:

·
Yellow Glow XA GT
413 Posts
Patmore,

I'm also looking for an xy or xw gt...

Can you email me offline at
[email protected]

Cheers mate, I'm a serious buyer and the white one looks great.

Regards

·
Registered
1,079 Posts
patmore1 said:
I have a friend selling an XY GT that has been restored in the last 12 months. The car is immaculate and is optioned with 4 speed manual, factory roof, power steering and original 5 slotters. The car is white and has all matching numbers. .
Where was the car restored?

What level was the car restored to?

Does it have a history?

1 - 14 of 14 Posts