Ford Forums banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello everyone, I've been off the list for awhile, but now back and starting to restore my 1977 T-Bird for my antique car club activities, which only has original vehicles in it's membership. No modifications.

Does anyone know the original tire size for the 1977 T-Bird? I need a new set and I need to be accurate for the car show judges. What the white walls; they were thin, right, as oppose wide white walls.

Any help would be appreciated.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
I'm going to answer my own question, in case it can help someone else. According to my local Ford dealer in this area, the original tires on the 1977 T-Bird was the HR 70x15 with 1.6 inch white strips. A couple of vintage tire dealers, such as Cocker, have the equivalent in a P225 75Rx15 with 1.6 inch white strips. Getting the 1.6 inch white strip is the main thing when trying to outfit this car with tires as close to original as possible.

Hello everyone, I've been off the list for awhile, but now back and starting to restore my 1977 T-Bird for my antique car club activities, which only has original vehicles in it's membership. No modifications.

Does anyone know the original tire size for the 1977 T-Bird? I need a new set and I need to be accurate for the car show judges. What the white walls; they were thin, right, as oppose wide white walls.

Any help would be appreciated.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts