Ford Forums banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts
T

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
supposed to be a rare car. only a couple built, anyone heard of them.

·
Australian Falcon Member
865 Posts
I haven't heard of that model specifically, but I've had numerous people pass comments that Turbo Falcons could be ordered from dealers with full warrantly and all. I've always taken it that some dealers were fitting kits that had some sort of factory approval.

·
Explorer Member
6 Posts
Yes this car is rare. and its a 1980 ford fairmont futura 4 cylinder turbo. Its rare. I guess its supposed to be a showroom model or an experimental or something.i need information on them anda place to find parts. The car is in its original condition, plaid (!) interior, red stripes down from the top to the sides and to the rear (similar to starsky and hutch's car on the TV show). however, instead of being painted on, the stripes are just decals. Any information would be greatly appreciated

·
Registered
3,023 Posts
I assume your from the US?

Its using the 2.3L 4 cyl Turbo from the Mustang which had 140Hp, and that particular model was only sold during 1980.

Pretty rare, but im not sure how collectable it is though:confused:

·
Crazed Cone Chaser
2,524 Posts
Has anyone seen an AWD turbo XF?
I saw an article a while ago and boy would I love to have one.

·
Mr. Embargo
3,745 Posts
Yeah I think I've still got an article on the XF twin turbo AWD Falcon from wheels in 87 I think. Looked pretty good but if I can remember they had problems with pulling good quarter miles with the thing.

·
Registered
1,112 Posts
I remember seeing the Blue Dick Johnson XE Falcon Turbos from the early 80's. I think there is still one floating around Canberra. I also had a good look at an early turbo conversion on an XD which the owner said was fitted from new. With twin 2" SU carbs and water injection it scared the heck out of me! For the sheer backwardness of the conversion that is! Anyone know if there are any of the AIT EA falcon twin turbos still around?

·
Registered
214 Posts
The U.S. Fairmont Turbo was fairly rare, I've seen a few many years ago. Not as collectible as a Mustang though, the interest and demand just isn't there. A very rare Mustang is an '84 GT Turbo, of which they made less than 4000, particularly the GT Turbo convertible of which they made less than 500. Not quite the cache` of a Boss 429, but most people who have one probably don't know the rarity either.

·
Registered
18 Posts
I know the 80 Turbo Fairmont exists(ed). We ran across one in Terre Haute Indiana back in 1987...but it was a passerby. I don't even recall where he was from. That was back in my 80 Turbo Mustang days. Sorry I can't be of more help.

·
Registered
1 Posts
I know the 80 Turbo Fairmont exists(ed). We ran across one in Terre Haute Indiana back in 1987...but it was a passerby. I don't even recall where he was from. That was back in my 80 Turbo Mustang days. Sorry I can't be of more help.
Hi! There is a 1980 Ford fairmont Turbo. I have one. They had sport suspension and fractory mags. Read only 24 were built. Jim

1 - 14 of 14 Posts