Ford Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey guys, can't seem to find out what the load and towing capacity is for my 1981 F-150 300 inline, 6cyl.
Maybe I'm too stupid but I can't seem to find any conclusive results.
I really need to know since we might be moving out of state soon and it would help a ton to know this beforehand. TIA.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Is it listed in the owner's manual?
I don't have the owner's manual and I don't really want to have to buy one just for that info. Anyone have any idea where to find that info free? I've searched online but perhaps I'm just no good at finding stuff.

·
Super Moderator
1,253 Posts
Sorry, not much help here, but when you do find the info you will need to know your rear gear ratio and which transmission you have. You will also need to know if it has a heavy duty engine (and transmission if auto) cooling package. I did a cursory search on line and couldn't find the info. You might have to do it the old fashion way and check your local library. Look at the Chilton's manuals.

·
Super Moderator
20,063 Posts
Dont know if this helps or not from another forum .Tried to copy and paste but keep getting " Please enter a message with no more than 20 images. "despite cutting out bits , so now posting link .

1 - 5 of 5 Posts