Ford Forums banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So we had engine and tranny rebuilt last fall and are getting back into the rebuild. Got sidetracked, you know how it is. Now we are at the point where we have to figure out the best way to eliminate the smog emission system. We are in state that doesn't have that and because of age of vehicle not really required in most states I think.
Just not sure about the best way to do this. What do we look for as far as parts. Not sure what other engines are compatible with the parts we need. Can't seem to find any YouTube videos on it. .
Someone told us we may be able to get the part off of ebay for a Mustang engine. Would that work? Just don't know enough to pull the trigger on that.
Any and all input is greatly appreciated. I love these forums and learn so much.
Thanks!

·
Super Moderator
10,227 Posts
If the Mustang had a 351W in it, it'll fit. I don't know of a full "kit" but you can buy flanges for the EGR, the thermactor you'll need to do some welding, and 75 ohm resistors on your connectors to fake the computer. You really don't buy anything by deleting the EGR for normal day to day operation, and I have no idea why people want to delete the O2 sensors unless they go full carburetor.
And in California, I'm pretty sure they still check, so if you plan on moving there, you'll need to put it back to original or get rid of it.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.