Ford Forums banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
F-100 Member
21 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Bought a 1989 Bronco II new, with the 2.9 V-6. Has been a very dependable vehicle. Had the transmission rebuilt at 248,500 miles. We got it back and my wife wrecked it 3 days later. Bought a new fender, grill, bumper, and several other attaching parts, put them on ,painted it, and the day it was finished, the oil pump quit. Bought a remanufactured JASPER engine, installed it last may and it's been fine every since. I've always heard that bad luck runs in threes, transmission, wreck, engine, that's three. Now I hope it goes another 200,000 miles because I don't like car payments. If it only lasts 11 months, then what I spent on it is still cheaper than making payments on a new car for 11 months. The body, two tone blue is in great condition, and the original interior is still in great condition. That's mine, now let's hear about yours.

·
Bronco II Member
6 Posts
My 2.9 went for 170,000 miles without a problem. It was running great when I pulled it in favor of a 5.0 from a '94 Mustang. You should get 200,000 out of it easy.

·
Grand Muckety Muck
710 Posts
My 84 with a 2.8 lasted for 210,000. It was time to retire it tho, so it went in as a trade for my baby...:D

·
Cougar Member
20 Posts
I have owned two Bronco II's first didn't make it a year, 85 with 2.8 and a bad Auto Tranny. The second I had for several years(1986). I loved that second one. I had a 3 inch lift on it 31/10.50 tires and a host of other mods. One of those vehicles that I miss.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts