Ford Forums banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
hey, well the g/f has the festiva auto 1.6 litre (i think) gas job, it idles ruff sometimes at stop lights and wants to die unless you tap the gas alittle, smells really bad of fuel if you have the windows open when running. I figure its a bad o2 sensor because it has similar symptoms as my chrysler 2.2 turbo car, but its weird that the fuel economy isnt noticable different. any suggestions or ideas? they would be much appreciated.

George

·
Registered
1 Posts
There is a length of steel tube which is part of the fuel vapor system that is attached to the tank on top of the tank seam lip (front corner drivers side)where the tank is put together. There are two rubber hoses attached to this tube, one on each end. Tube is funney looking with multiable bends in it. This tube will rust out and expose the vapor system to atpmosphere. I do not know why the designers put this assembly their? It is surface mounted to tank and does not enter into tank. Maybe they did this for line routing purposes. You will have to drop the tank down a little bit to gain access to tube. Steel gas line one/eight inch diameter tube will do for replacement. You don't have to get original equipment part.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts