Ford Forums banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
eaten up da 4s
37 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Hey guys im new to this forum and i was just wandering would a completely stock EB2 falcon beat a '93 model MR2 (also completely stock)??????????
i need info on dis since i am going to be racing my mates mr2.
thanx for the help guys.

also the mr2 is a manual and my eb2 is an auto.

thanx

·
Registered
128 Posts
Hope ya didnt put money on it....

Provided they have both "worn" at the same rate, you'll be about a second or so slower in an 0 - 100 run ( when new its 8.1 v 9.2 )
Quarter mile, he should run 15.8 to your 16.8 ( when new ).

·
EF & ZH owner
620 Posts
i'd dare say the mr2 will eat you alive :/ sadly to say, but its probably true lol

·
eaten up da 4s
37 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
nah there was no money bet on it. we are frends. if it were a rolling start from 50km/h who would win??????

·
Village Idiot
2,526 Posts
well a rolling start would probably be an advantage to the falcon, but i dunno how mr2s drive so i dunno who'd win.
If yor doing a rolling start, manually select gears so theres no kick down when u floor it

·
eaten up da 4s
37 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
thanx you guys thats been a help.i raced him last nite the same day as i posted this question up and i actually got him just from a standing start.he had a really shit take off. and i beat him by quite a few car lengths from a rolling start.
thanx heaps

·
Registered
1,079 Posts
If the challenge has anything to do with turning corners, walk away right now lol
Around the track the MR2 will destroy it.

·
eaten up da 4s
37 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
nah its not around a track i know the mr2 would kill me.look at its size lol.
its just straight line drag.

·
eaten up da 4s
37 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
hehehe i ran him agen 2nite he beat me from a standing start but once i got up to a good speed i hit da power button and almost passed him.it was an even race. and i killed him from a rolling start using da power button.

also can anyone explain to me how to use the power button correctly and wen does it have any use and wat it does????
thanx

·
Chasing down oil leaks...
836 Posts
Its only for the trans.. holder gears longer, kicks down quicker and ups the line pressure for quicker shifts is about all it does.. well i am not 100% on the line pressure aspect..

leave it in power mode when u want to have fun.. you don't need to keep changing it on and off..

dan..

·
eaten up da 4s
37 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
wen i take off with the power on it doesnt seem to give out that much more power but wen im going and turn it on and floor it i can notice it a hell of a lot.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts