Ford Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I recently bought a the truck off a fellow locally. I had no issues the first couple days on having the truck, though last night gasoline started coming out of the front tank fill cap. Ive only used the rear tank since purchasing the vehicle because i was told he had problems with the front. Ive read around and saw there was a recall on the issue but not sure if thats still an option or how im able to fix this myself.
Would a new fuel pump assembly fix this problem? Fuel tank selector valve? This is the only older ford ive owned so im not really sure where i need to start.

·
Super Moderator
7,948 Posts
You'll have to contact Ford to see if repairs are still valid, but it's the fuel pump regulator.

·
Administrator
12,240 Posts
I ran into a problem years ago (GMC Truck) where the fuel return lines were switched at the selector valve, pulling off one tank returning to the other. Something to think about.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Thank you both for the info, im going to start working on it this weekend and will update with my resolution.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Update: upon further fooling around with it, the truck will run when switched to the front tank, i can hear the pump prime when turning the key. The problem with the front fuel tank filling up off the back wouldnt be a big deal if i knew i can use the front tank, although the guage reads empty even though i know it's full (because of the overflow issue above) could it still be a bad fuel pump? Or just floater stuck? Back tank reads on the guage just fine.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts