Ford Forums banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
im working on a 93 gt at the time i got it the driver front caliper would not function, it was stuck in the single position, breaking loose the bleeder i got fluid from caliper and it would go in, more then likely the issues is a collapsed brake line (flex hose). i completed brake jobs all the way around and replaced the flex hoses and calipers on the front. during replacement i was not seeing any fluid coming from the driver front hard line? i finished the driver side and started on passenger and when remove flex hose and caliper i can see fluid leaking steadily. im wondering if the hcu for the brake system is failed? i removed the hard line going from hcu to driver front and blow air through it checking for kinks or damage none found and air passed easy. reinstalled and tried bleeding brakes, found no fluid coming from driver side front caliper. cant find a replacement hcu anywhere and was wondering if their was a way to fix or over all confirm the hcu failure?

·
Super Moderator
1,495 Posts
What are you referring to as the hcu? I’d be curious myself as the issue is strange. Does the fluid on the passenger side front shoot out when the pedal is pressed and line disconnected?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
You checked the brake master cyl.for leaks, drawing air ,internal seals ?
iv replaced the master cylinder and the hcu one more. im getting used parts or poosible remans, still have no pedal and fluid travling to all calipers. i put system under pressure and started bleeding it and found fluid coming from bottom of brake booster. thats why im replacing master cylinder again, ill also vaccum out booster of all fluid. still can get a pedal

·
Super Moderator
22,730 Posts
Master cyl you fitted must be knackered if leaking into servo / booster . One of the hazards of using used parts , big no no and a lot of hassle by doing so .

1 - 5 of 5 Posts