Ford Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a 94 ford probe GT 2.5L Manual Transmission. It runs and drives but after it warms up if I press the gas pedal to normally accelerate it bogs down and kinda stalls. It forces me to have to press the gas pedal very lightly and ease into it slowly. Once im in 3rd gear or higher it seems to smooth out as long as long as my speed doesn't decrease. Im asking for help because so far I've already replaced the Throttle position sensor, cleaned the Throttle body and IAC. Ive check all the vacuum lines replaced a few that were dried out, pretty positive theres no vacuum leaks. I've replaced the spark plug wires, I've checked the spark plugs they are NGKs and seem to still be in good shape. Ive also replaced the pcv valve, fuel filter and ran seafoam in the vacuum lines plus the gas tank. The engine light comes on but it only comes on once the engine is warmed up, if I shut it off and turn it back on the engine light goes off. Im new to this forum and new to probes can anyone give me any tips or ideas on what to check next or what the problem could possibly be ? Thanks in advance

·
Super Moderator
20,942 Posts
Could scan it for fault codes and see what is triggering the engine light .

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
VRIS #1 is not opening. Got a little farther here....is it possible to delete the VRIS the the fuel pressure regulator connects to?

·
Registered
26 Posts
Could scan it for fault codes and see what is triggering the engine light .
Hello JRuble91, you car has the self-diagnostic system. There isn't a plug in for a scan tool for OBD-1. You need a reshaped paper clip and access to your diagnostic connector.

Do you have a service manual for the codes? You just count the blinking CEL and lookup the codes for possible problems.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts