Ford Forums banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
This is my first Bronco I have every owned(for about a month now) after a abrupt stop to avoid hitting a dog last night I put my truck in park and got out to check on the dog which was ok.upon returning my motor was not running and would not start. Today I changed the coil, ing.module, rotor, and dist. cap still no fire any ideas for the newbie of the Bronco family any help would sure be appricated

Thanks,

Jon

·
I used to know this stuff
212 Posts
yo,
Reply:
Does starter spin?
if so,
NO-START DIAGNOSIS

Check for spark at a plug; don't get zapped...some stores such as AutoZone will leand you a spark tester for a refundable fee.
No spark at the plug; instead of cking ALL plugs, try one more then if a no-go;
test to see if you have a spark at the center terminal of the distributor cap
Remove the coil wire from the distributor.
Use rubber handled pliers to hold the end you removed.
Have someone try to start the car for long enough to check for a spark.
If you do not have a spark, the Ignition Coil may need to be replaced.
If you have spark there:
Replace the coil wire and use the same procedure to test each spark plug.

If you have spark at the coil and spark at the plugs, you probably have a fuel system problem.

So, when you turn the ignition key to RUN, can you hear the electr. fuel pump whirl (in tank)? Usually in our Broncos we can hear it with radio off or have someone back there listen for it. No whirl; could be as simple as the Inertia Switch tripped (due to inherent probems in it's design); Inertia Switch Location, EFI fuel pump 87-96 by 1994xlt (Cole R) at SuperFord.org
http://www.supermotors.org/vehicles/registry/showmedia.php?id=148479
If it does power-up; and with a COLD engine, I saw a mech. taake the cap off the Schraeder Valve on the fuel rail to check for fuel.
If you need a pic of where it is (passenger side of fuel rail) let me know here.

·
I used to know this stuff
212 Posts
forgot to ask; is the Check Engine Light ON?

1 - 3 of 3 Posts