Ford Forums banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Computer Nerd
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
ok here is the run down:
I replaced my valve cover gasket becuase i was haveing an oil leak. When i did this I ended up breaking some vacume tubes and fixed them. I noticed that my A/C would only blow out of the defrost so I found the other leaks and fixed them. Now my A/C runs fine. Not soon after that my contour started hesitating and backfireing.

I replaced three blown cats, both O2 sensors, exauhst cross over gasket, exauhst manifold gaskets, Differential Pressure Feedback EGR sensor, and visually checked for any broken vacume tubes.

The good news is my check engine does not come on anymore. the bad news is the problem has not gone away.

When i am in park, it has a great idle and does fine when given gas. When i put it into gear it runs rough, hesitates on excelleration, and backfires.

Any ideas???!!!!???

·
Registered
4 Posts
I'm sorry I can't help with your problem-but you could probably help me! I have the problem with the blower working on defrost mode only. How do you check the vacuum lines? Is it easy to find and check? where? I would appreciate any help and good luck with your problem.

·
Computer Nerd
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
for me:
all i did is look at the lines there is the green tube for your egr valve but for me it was the two red tubes on the side of the firewall. If your facing the front of the vehicle they are located on the back right of the intake manifold. i founda break in those wires, i fixed them with some spare hose and it solved the problem.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts