Ford Forums banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I’ll recently purchased a 1995 E350 7.5 extended. It runs well and has proven that, but the temperature gauge is usually stuck at low for a while. It occasionally indicates normal, but today is has shown high (very high) all day. I know it’s not working properly, but I pulled over and checked to be safe. I heard a hissing from the left side of the engine block (close to the AC and what I believe to be the heater/blower). I don’t know anything about the van in terms of under the hood, is it really overheating? I started it with the radiator cap off, and fluid would gently rise to overflow. Fluid is plentiful and clean, and the radiator seems to be acting normally. From where it’s hissing, it seems to me like the blower is hissing rather than the cooling system. Does anyone have an idea of what could be happening?

Thanks!

·
Super Moderator
20,912 Posts
If you carry out a pressure test on cooling system it should show any leaks . From what you say , POSSIBLY heater core / matrix leak ?

·
Administrator
5,088 Posts
A pressure test as RS Logan has said is the first place to start to check for leaks and maybe a thermometer to check what the operating temp is compared to what the gauge says. If it is overheating then sometimes any fluids on the side of the engine like oil can hiss from the heat. Also the AC can hiss directly after shutdown as the AC fluid is under pressure and can bleed pressure off.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts