Ford Forums banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
What's up everybody. I am a new person here and figured I'd first into myself in and not be rude.

So either way, I hope somebody can help me.

I just got me a 1995 Ford Probe GT w/ AT. Only downfall is that I need an new engine and me being a non-auto literate person, I am not sure what to look for.

First I hear all I need is a engine, now I hear I need an exhaust system. The car used to run cause it was my brother's car and it had a deep sound to it like a race/sports car, IDK, it sounded nice though.

Either way, I just want to know:

1. Isn't the sound performance from the exhaust system or is it usually how powerful the motor is? Just a question

2. Where can I find a motor for it at online, I am starting my job this week and I'll be making almost $500-$700 every 2 weeks, and I know a place where I can get one for $750.00 but I figured I'd look around first?

3. What's a good exhaust system to put into the car, either way, even if the exhaust is fine, I guess its only smart to get a whole new performance system done (get the engine and exhaust system done) and then get me a CD player and everything for the car following by a paint job and a nice wash over.

Any help is HIGHLY HIGHLY appreciated.

·
Registered
52 Posts

·
Registered
7,859 Posts
I've always like the way a Borla sounds.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Thank you both, I am not sure what a Borla sounds like but I am sure somebody online has a video or a sound sample. I know that the muffler on there now is two-tipped (looks as if 2 pipes on it) right now.

About the engine, I am still searching around the one site (the Car-Part.com is good) but I'd like a image of the motor before anything to make sure the conditions are fine. Also, I see its belnded in with Mazda MX6 engines, does that mean the MX6 engines work with an Ford Probe as well and what differences should I look for?

·
Registered
52 Posts
Baby Boy said:
Sorry to post so quick directly after the above one, but I have looked around for some additional options for engines and was wondering if anybody could suggest and recommend out of the ones I have chosen right now:

JDM KL-ZE MX3/MX6/626/Probe GT 90-96 Auto Tranny [JDM KL-ZE] - $1,199.00 : JDM Engines Corp

I got a couple more coming later.

The MX-6 uses the same motors as does the Ford Probe. You can swap between the too fairly easily.

If you decide to got with a JDM KL-ZE there will be some modifacations that will need to be done.

probetalk.com is a good site for reference.

Here is a direct link to the specific topic.
2.5 Jdm Faq - ProbeTalk.com Forums

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
You have to excuse me, I'm not your bestest auto-tech, lol. Anyway, I found out what I needed:

I need a new motor and a muffler, not an entire exhaust system. I found the one from somebody who is also a member on these forums has for sale, but it has a Manual transmission. The car I have is an AT, is there any modifications I'd have to do and would I be just as better as to just get a motor that is the same with an AT?

Thanks.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Oh, I also heard something about a front driver axle or something like that, anybody can clear up and how much one usually goes for?

1 - 8 of 8 Posts