Ford Forums banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello all.......Thanks for any help ahead of time. I have a 1997 Ford Probe GTS I bought my wife new in 1998. It has 54,000 miles on it with the V6 and it had an odd package without intermittent wipers. I found a NOS switch cluster that has intermittent but have to pull the steering wheel to change it. Don't want to do that unless this will work. Does anyone know if it is just plug and play or are there other computer and wiring issues to deal with?

·
Super Moderator
9,477 Posts
Shouldn't. The circuitry for the the intermittent is in a timer circuit board built into the switch. In the olden days, it was a capacitor and a resistor... built into the switch. The intermittent is nothing more than a pulsed low speed. I went looking and I couldn't even find a multi-function switch without intermittent.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Shouldn't. The circuitry for the the intermittent is in a timer circuit board built into the switch. In the olden days, it was a capacitor and a resistor... built into the switch. The intermittent is nothing more than a pulsed low speed. I went looking and I couldn't even find a multi-function switch without intermittent.
This switch set includes the lights on the left and the wipers on the right when you replace it. The guys at Green Sales here in Cincinnati weren't sure but thought it might be a problem.

·
Super Moderator
9,477 Posts
Well, I told you what I know. If I were in your shoes, I'd order it and see if it fits and take the chance. It's 50 bucks out of Rock Auto, if it doesn't work, you get sympathy votes from the wife and you can send it back, but I'm betting it works and you can be your wife's hero.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Well, I told you what I know. If I were in your shoes, I'd order it and see if it fits and take the chance. It's 50 bucks out of Rock Auto, if it doesn't work, you get sympathy votes from the wife and you can send it back, but I'm betting it works and you can be your wife's hero.
I did order it and you were correct once bolted in I now have intermittent wipers. It wasn't hard to do at all....except the harbor freight wheel puller had to be purchased to get the steering wheel off.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts