Ford Forums banner
1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
280 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
This next spring, she should be running like a scalded dog. Install on mods is pending :driver:

0807091712-00.jpg

·
280 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
Well, the project started today. Upon removal of the transmission, an ample amount of clutch material was found in the fluid and it didn't look good at all. Just to be on the safe side, Brian decided to put in a fresh rebuild from a Crown Vic with just 20K miles on this newer tranny.

Fluid is not good:wtf2:

Tranny is out

JMOD time :hy:

Valve body swap

Ready for headers and motor mounts by tomorrow. :priest:

·
280 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Changing the Weeping Oil Pan Gasket

Old Gears and Nasty Fluid :wtf2:

New 4.10 Gears with Drive Pattern Set and Ford Traction Lok :hy:

I should be breaking the car in tomorrow! :priest:

·
280 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Headers are in, driveshaft is in, and here is the exhaust just getting finished at the rear.:priest:

My baby is gonna start tonight!:hy::driver:

·
280 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
I'm on the left and Brian on the right. The wonderful skilled individual who made this whole project possible. I am breaking in the gears as we speak. It has rained here all day which makes it a perfect day for taking it easy. I can feel the power that wants to get out though. :priest:

Sorry about the poor quality. Here is the walk around shortly after completion.

YouTube - MrHotrodlincoln's Channel

·
280 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
What kind of mufflers did you put on?
I can't remember the name of them. CTS Performance or something?? BTW, my installer decided to leave the cats out.

Here is the link to where I got the mufflers:

Super Coupe Performance Parts - Ford Thunderbird, Mercury Cougar, Lincoln Mark VIII (8) and Ford Escape

Also, just as an update folks. I think I have sufficiently broke the gears in. I have done several WOT throttles with the car and let me tell ya, it makes me quiver with excitement. It sounds like a Nascar from the inside and pulls like a S.O.B!!:wtf2: I am going to get a video up here eventually of me driving it. :hy:

·
Registered
1 Posts
Checking in to see if you are still on the site?

Still have the Mark? Hows it holding up? I am looking at picking one up for a daily and would love to do gears and exhaust. What type of MPG are you getting with the converter and 4.10's?

Also, is that a Yellow Buell X1 in the background?

1 - 16 of 16 Posts