Ford Forums banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
i just recently purchased a 1999 taurus from a private dealer and it was a repo vehicle. i am looking for a response from a ford technicion. the vehicle didnt crank over when i purchased it and i found out it needed a security key which i didnt have. called a locksmith and he made a key and programmed a security key head. the vehicle cranks over now but doesnt start. there is a security light on the instrument cluster that flashes very fast all the time. there is one thing i noticed is that there is no sign of a check engine light and i cant take the shifter out of park. i thought the check engine light bulb was burned out but it turns out that the ecm is not powered up. my question is does the security system stop the powering up of the ecm and prevent you from taking the vehicle out of park? i dont know the system so any help would be nice.
thanks
joe

·
Registered
10,552 Posts
You can have many more problems. The car goinginto security mode will not stop signal reaching the PCM. I would look at getting a replacement PCM or having a dealer look at it for flashing.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts