Ford Forums banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I just bought a 95 Probe 2.0. I was wondering if anyone knows what it would take to replace my 2.0 with a KLZE. Will the engine mounts line up? Will the transmission work? What do I need?

·
Registered
18 Posts
1) Different engine & tranny mounts
2) Different wiring (If I'm not mistaken)
3) Different transmission

- you'd have your work cut out for you to be sure, but that is not to say that it should not be done - this is far more reasonable than wanting to convert to a V8 + RWD.

And remember that a good, working 2.0L engin & tranny are worth some $$'s too, so you can cut your costs somewhat by liquidating those assets once you get moving. This is fairly labor-intensive work.. hopefully you're up to the task of doing it yourself, else face many hours worth of high labor rates.

·
Forgotten
65 Posts
It's easier to buy a GT with a trashed motor and convert that over.

You'd not only have to buy the KLZE, you'd also have to get the tranny, mounts, mounting points, radiator, fans & shroud, PCM, instrument cluster, wiring harnass, etc from a GT.

And if the KLZE doesn't come with the A/C compressor, alternator, & pwr steering pump, you'd have to get ahold of those as well.

There's probably a few other misc. parts that would need to be changed as well.

·
It's been a long time...
52 Posts
YOu're better off buying a pgt.

Add the price of the probe you own to the cost of the motor, mounts, tranny, as well as the labor and little other extras you'll need and thsat should be close, more likely over, the price of a good 95 pgt. It's just not worth it. Its makes more sense to get one already done.

·
Mazda MX6 Member
17 Posts
c-man is right.
its a lot easier and most of the time cheaper to go ahead and buy the pgt or mx6 ls that you want. Its a lot of fun to swap it over though, so if you have the time, patience, and money, go right ahead. other wise, off to autotrader.com you go!

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Re: Why not boost?

Got Boost? said:
Have you considered boosting the 2.0?
Where can I get one, and what can I expect out of my 2.0 with Boost

I was reading up in another forum and I was thinking of the J-spec cam and a CAI to start but I would realy like a supercharger but they are very costly.

·
Mazda MX6 Member
17 Posts
costly and time consuming. you'd really have to prep your engine. then you'd be w/out the car for a while to get it installed, it isn't really a weekend type deal from what I understand. it really does help you out though and you will notice a difference. Thomas Knight makes kits for the 2.0, and I've heard of Eatons being put on there, but I'm not too familiar w/ the performance of the eatons. if you want a little more info, e-mail [email protected] he's in the process.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts