Ford Forums banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

· Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
2 Questions. Very clean 2002 F150 211,000 miles. Only 1 key - best method for getting the other one programmed. I bought 2 chipped keys but don't have a programmer. The only ones I find cost $100? Or you can buy a cable to hook a pc to the Diagnostic plug for $30? then reprogram one? But I don't know how.... - 2nd question (maybe I should have made 2 posts) I have a dog's breath of heat. I bought the Blender Door and actuator. But mine are fine... I tried to back flush the heater core, but it flows much better in reverse than the normal flow direction? I noticed a restrictor in line of the feed line? Should I take it out? Back flushing it seemed to help a minuscule bit, but still low heat. I ordered a new heater core - but don't relish putting it in...

Best Advice?

· Super Moderator
1,953 Posts
Have you called around to locksmiths? Yes you can buy a dongle for the obd connector but you’ll have to pay for an app to program the new keys.

Keep the restictor in the feed line. It’s there to reduce the pressure in the heater core at high rpm’s so it doesn’t blow. Does it come out ambient temp when turned all the way hot? Is the motor getting up to temp?

· Super Moderator
19,496 Posts
Get a locksmith for your keys rather than mess about . Check both your heater hoses are hot going into / out heater core , if not , may be your thermostat stuck open and running cool . Make sure your blender flap is not broken or stuck .

· Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
I got the 2 keys cut by the local hardware store. I ordered the blanks on line. No local locksmiths.... :( Top front hose does get hotter than the rear hose. I blew through the heater core with the air compressor. Flows better in reverse than normal flow. Truck comes up to heat normally. Do they all come with a restrictor in the in flow line? I have not seen this before. I wonder if I should remove the restrictor. I assume it's stock??

· Registered
271 Posts
Best way is have a family member or friend that has AAA roadside service with locksmith call AAA and tell them they were driving your vehicle and lost the Keys. Locksmith will cut and program you another key. They'll usually cover a certain percent of the locksmith but it's always a hell of a lot cheaper than a dealer. I would replace the thermostat first and see if it's that before messing with the heater core

1 - 5 of 5 Posts