Ford Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Sandwich Connoisseur
955 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
1: What is the best 6" speaker for bass? Like 2-way, 3-way, what brands etc.

2: What 6" splits will fit without any mods, ie just bolt into an ed falcon front doors?

It would be great if you could also give me advice what speakers you guys have used and the quality you get. Thanks in advance

Donno

·
Registered
63 Posts
Focal are a french speaker maker they tend to be the best sound all round. although you may be up for about $600 a pair

·
Registered
3 Posts
Donno,
There is a phew really good speaker brands available. What you want to do is go to a reputable dealer and listen to the speakers yourself or in someones car and pick which ones you like as everyone has different tastes & opinions. Focal is a great start as they are very good. Other brands to consider are : MB Quart, Infinity, Rockford Fosgate. some speakers sound better run of amplifiers than of the head unit.
good luck

·
Registered
45 Posts
Some of the best midrange and midbass drivers around are brands like:

Morel
Diamond
Rainbow
Focal
Boston
DynAudio

There are literally hundreds hey. :)

·
Sandwich Connoisseur
955 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Sorry guys should have put some sort of price constraint, never heard of those brands. I'll be running them of my HU (see sig), and wouldn't want to spend over like 200 absolute max for each set. I'm looking at like pioneer, sony etc. Sorry for being so vague, but thanks for the replies anyways.

Donno

·
Registered
102 Posts
no good in running those expensive brands of ur headunit anyway not enough power if u want some cheaper low power speakers try alpine s-series or jl audio

1 - 6 of 6 Posts