Ford Forums banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
46 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
G'day,

I've got a '63 XL Falcon and have to replace the auto. I've been offered a 2-speed out of a 62-63 US Falcon sprint.

Does anyone know if it will be suitable? I've got the 2-speeder which has the oil cooling lines going to the radiator?

Anyone close to sydney have one to sell????

Any handy hints I should know would be appreciated.

Thanks
Johnny

Falcon, the Boss of V8 Supercars

·
kickerinthegutsbarry
568 Posts
Is you're car a v8 or a 6? Is the auto to suit a v8 or a 6, as far as I know they don't interchange with each other.

·
Registered
278 Posts
G/box,s should b the same for 6cyl

·
Registered
868 Posts
Ford V8 Transmission will not fit 6 Cyl. Engine unless you can change the front housing.... Different Starter Motor positions.

·
Registered
46 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Thanks guys for the info, I got the 2 speed Auto out of the sprint and it fitted perfectly. The box was exactly the same as my old one.

A handy hint for anyone looking at a 2 speed Fordamatic, there are two versions(I got caught out so this could be handy):

Version 1 was for the 144ci which doesn't have a modulator and you don't need to connect the oil lines to the radiator.

Version 2 was released for the 170ci which has a modulator and you need to connect the oil lines to the radiator.

FALCON - BOSS OF V8 SUPERCARS!!!!!

·
Registered
868 Posts
lukeh said:
Ford V8 Transmission will not fit 6 Cyl. Engine unless you can change the front housing.... Different Starter Motor positions.
I thought early Falcon US Sprints were all V8's , that is why I used this referall..

·
Registered
46 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Lukeh,

Yeah, I wonder why apolloxbgt & yourself asked if it was a 6 or 8 cyl.
I'm not sure but the auto out of the sprint is physically the same as mine, the front, rear & pan seals were the same also.

I'll have to do some investigating!!!!!

Catchya
Johnny

'Kick her in the Guts, Max'

1 - 8 of 8 Posts