Ford Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I purchased a 2000 Excursion one month ago. I have replaced all 5 locking mechanisms (4 doors and hatch) which were all out when I bought it. They would not lock or unlock with the electric lock button or remote...all manual. Within one week, one went out. Then a second another week later. Just today, another went out. I have checked the 4 contacts that are under the dash in the center just behind the firewall and those are fine. I have no idea at this point but to find out something on these forums or take it into the dealer. My brother also owns the same 2000 Excursion with the same problem and has also replaced the actuators. I can only assume at this point that there is a defect since we both have the exact same problem and have serviced it the same way so far. Anyone with any suggestions as to what is next?

·
Registered
2 Posts
I have the same problem with my Excursion. I took it to the Ford dealer and they say it is the actuators. They want nearly $700 to fix it.!!!

·
Registered
4 Posts
there is a fix for the actuators where you eliminate a resistor, seems easy to do. I only have one not working-- the rear one, and I am going to try the fix this week or next. If it works I will post the details.

·
Registered
3 Posts
I had a similar situation and found it simpler and more cost effective to replace all stock actuators with aftermarket ones. (around 12-15 each) Works like a charm and haven't had to replace any of them since I put them in over a year ago.

·
CHUCK
2 Posts
I own a '00 7.3 4wd and I had the same problem in 05, we took it to the dealer and they replaced both front acuators and I ain't had a problem since. Good Luck

1 - 7 of 7 Posts