Ford Forums banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
K

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I am not sure how to explain this so please bare with me: THis has happened twice. I have a 2000 Ford Taurus SE with jsut around 87 thousand miles on it. Twice now, as I am accelerating the the "theft" light comes on and the car kinda dies but not long enough to turn the motor completely off because it is still moving and then kinda just picks right back up like nothing happened. When this happens the car kinda stalls or spudders a little. Also, tonight as I was going to down a hill and I hit the breaks and rpm's started to move up on their own and then went back to normal. ABout two weeks ago the hoses and all belts where checked and the garage said they where fine. Any ideas about this? THanks to whomever answers this for me. I appreciate it.

·
Registered
8 Posts
Unfortunately You Have A Problem With Your Theft Deterant System. You Cannot Fix This. It Has To Be Brought To A Dealer For Repair.

·
Registered
1 Posts
The same thing is happening to my car except now it's stalling and other lights are coming on. I have an 02. First the ABS light goes on then the Anit-theft light, the gas light and so on. It just started stalling in the last few days. When I am sitting at a light the speedometer fluctuates. Another time I didn't know how fast I was going because the speedometer wouldn't move and I had just put gas in and it said it was empty. One time everything went dead but the car didn't die, it was weird and then everything came back on. It seems to happen more when it is raining.

I have taken it to Ford and no codes come up. I told them it was possessed and asked what they charged for an exorcism.

I took it to another place today and nothing is coming up for them either.

Any ideas?

Thanks,
Kris

·
Ford Trey
1 Posts
My 2000 Taurus has similar problems. 2 weeks ago the cam sensor was replaced and the tech said a bad coil wire was found and repaired , but the coil pack should be replaced soon - for $300. I plan to replace myself.

4 days ago while out of town, the theft light started flashing and motor cutting out. Then the engine and theft lights came on and intermittent stalling when gas is pressed. The stalling worsened and engine had to be restarted a few times. Then the battery light joined the party. Finally, I was able to stop and checked wire connections under hood, fluids, battery condition - everything ok. Immediately after, the car acted like the battery was dead and wouldn't turn over starter. A few seconds later it cranked.

So, I decided to try to reset the system ( it seemed confused , like me :) ). I disconnected the battery for five minutes, reconnected and have not had a problem in over 100 miles and four days.

Can all this be attributed to a bad coil pack?

Thanks for any advice.
TS

1 - 4 of 4 Posts