Ford Forums banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So I bought this cougar for 2200 a few months ago, it has 99,500 miles on it. This past month it's been making a very audible and quite annoying ticking noise coming from the passenger side of the motor. My friends say it sounds like a tensioner or idler pulley tick. Which it very well could be but I'm still worried about it. It got very loud last week then quieted down a lot more today, I haven't driven it all winter. Probably about 700-1000 miles past wen the oil was supposed to be changed. The thing is, the tick is only there when it's idling. Right when you put on the gas it completely stops. I have no idea what this could be and don't have very much money to fix it so any help as to what this could be will be greatly appreciated.

·
Super Moderator
7,800 Posts
Have you checked the condition of the belt and pulleys? Serpentine belts don't look worn like the old belts.

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I haven't yet, I'm not too mechanically savvy, so I'd have to have my uncle check, could it be a broken engine mount? Now here's the weird thing.. A few times I noticed it gets worse when I turn on the lights and gets better when I turn off the lights

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
thanks for all the replys, I'm bringing it to the shop tomorrow since I came into some money, I'll inform everyone as to what the problem was

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Plus anyone know how much my ground effects kit is worth? Full set liroush, there is liroush stamped on the bottom of the rear spoiler along with some other wording. My cougar also has chrome plates near the bottom of the door where you step in, not sure if all Cougars have those or not

1 - 8 of 8 Posts