Ford Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
i just bought a used explorer and i don't know what the code is for the keyless entry or where to get it. the person that sold it to me doen't know and the numbers on the computer module have been wiped off.

J

·
0 Posts
On my 01 Sport it is located on the control module which is located inside the removeable interior panel on the driverside rear. Its the 5 digit number on that module. It can be tricky to read at the angle its presented, but you'll see it. I found out the hard way where it was located i.e. dealership-$30. Hope this helps. -jon

·
Registered
1 Posts
In my 01 Sport, it locate on a Module which is inside the driverside rear removable interior pannel, it may be hard to read at the angle it is presented but it's the 5 digit number on the module. Hope this helps.

·
Registered
40 Posts
jonOOjon is right. It's right in front of the jack. Towards the front of the truck. Look for a silver box. It has a 5 digit number on the side of it. Hard to see so use a flashlight or a small mirror. :hy:

·
Registered
20 Posts
Help me out here I have a 2001 Explorer Sport - I did as suggested but there is no computer in my compartment - the tire jack in is the corner and then there is the fuel tank filler hump then nothing - i was able to see down all the way to the speaker and no aluminum box or stamp or nothing.

Where else would I look?

Thanks

·
Registered
20 Posts
I have a 01 Ford Explorer Sport - the box with the code sticker is mounted behind the passenger side airbag. To read the code the defroster plate on top the the dash pops off. Shine a flashlight slightly to the right in a darkened garage and you will see the code. It is on a sticker that has an arrow on it with the word forward typed in the middle of the arrow. I did not have to take the airbag out. The defroster plate pops off a small knife. Took all of 5 minutes.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts