Ford Forums banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I had let my 01 F150 sit for at least 8 months since we weren't using it. I went to try and start it up last month, refused to start. Checked the battery with our battery charger, it would not charge fully, ended up saying it was a bad battery. SOOO, I replaced it, thinking my truck would start. NOT. It turns over, have lights etc., but it will not start at all. Tried jumping it with our 2012 F250 Super Duty, nada. I am stumped as to what is wrong. I only have one key/remote for my truck. HELP!

·
Super Moderator
964 Posts
Can you hear the fuel pump prime? Are all fuses ok? Is the theft light flashing? Have you checked the inertia switch?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Super Moderator
964 Posts
You’ll hear a buzz for a couple seconds coming from the fuel tank after turning the key. I think the inertia switch is by your left foot but it doesn’t let the fuel pump prime after an accident. See if the button is pushed up or not. If it is push it down and then try starting the truck again.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
It's never been in an accident...why would a button be pushed if it wasn't in an accident?

·
Super Moderator
964 Posts
It doesn’t need to be, a little bump is all it takes. The old one that was in my 87 grand marquis would cut out when going wide open throttle. You just never know is what I’m trying to say.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
What's odd on my truck is that there is an on/off switch on the panel right next to the gas pedal. Never seen it before, don't know what it's for... and there is also a button I pulled down connected to a couple wires that is under the dash, straight down from the steering wheel I have never seen before. I do not know what either one of these things do for my truck. I will take pictures tomorrow of these so you guys can see what I am talking about.
I DID find the fuel reset button, passenger side kicker panel. I hit that button but it was already pushed down.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Here's the pics I said I would take so you would know what I'm talking about. My husband was talking about some kind of transponder key that goes into the black box where you would put an OBD code reader, he showed me one that he has for his Ford Van, but I have no clue what he is talking about. I have never had any key go into that black box. He says its for the theft system....he says he pulled it out and can't find it now. BUT, he told me he used a wire and 'jumped' the box....I do not see any wire in there.
I DID hit the fuel reset button, located on the passenger side kicker panel, and now it's starting...I DO NOT know what is going on. He told me that if he pulled out the wire it won't start again. Yet, I do not see any wire, unless I'm blind...HELP.

Attachments

·
Super Moderator
964 Posts
It sounds like he bypassed the anti theft system is what he’s talking about. That would explain it not starting if its active.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts