Ford Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi all. Thanks for the access to discuss. My drivers door lock when actuated with the key ring remote, the door opens but not fully, the lock mechanism jumps up and down a few times and usually ends up locked again. Sometimes it will open with a 2nd push and sometimes not. Also tried the key to open the door and this didn't work either. I have stripped the door and cant see anything on the mechanism that is broken/bent or looks damaged in any way. Any ideas/help appreciated. PS the locking is set up that only the drivers door opens with the first button push and all open with the 2nd.

·
Super Moderator
3,715 Posts
Check that the snipper rod is not bent (even a mild bend will do this) and that the snipper button on the widow sill is not sticking on anything.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Hi Aussieblue. Checked that today. When I stripped the door cover off and it was all free of obstruction it still pops the door open when I unlock it and the button stays down. Also the key lock doesn't work. I stripped the drive to see if it was the little drive gear but that was all still intact. Frustrated....

1 - 5 of 5 Posts