Ford Forums banner
41 - 60 of 101 Posts

·
Registered
120 Posts
Discussion Starter · #41 ·
These are the oil pump gaskets. I am unsure of where the one circled in the pic, goes.
I don't want to put it on to find out that I've missed it.

Wood Font Gas Auto part Household hardware

·
Super Moderator
4,062 Posts
Don't know as the only one show in the workshop manual per pic below is the one that goes in the central hole where pickup bolts to the pump. Similarly that seems to be the only one in the parts catalogue microfiche (pic also below) for the earlier EF and EL models. There are no micrifiche for AU parts as the moved to a centarl online parts catalogue syatem with the AU. Do the AU parts numbers match the EF/EL ones; if so perhpas it's the redundant CJ 6626 AA mentioned there.
Gesture Font Gas Human leg Diagram
Font Material property Parallel Pattern Engineering

·
Super Moderator
4,062 Posts
You can leave it out or use a self-adhesive fireproof pad type such as dyna-mat to replace it. You will notice the extra cabin noise if you leave it out and some of the vacuum hoses and wiring that is usually hidden behind it will deteriorate over time from the radiant engine bay heat that it will now be exposed to.

·
Registered
120 Posts
Discussion Starter · #46 ·
There're two gaskets on the water pump. The one that goes to the block and the one before the metal bracket. I cant find anywhere to replace the one that goes before metal bracket. Is pulling apart the water pump, possible, to replace that gasket?

·
Super Moderator
4,062 Posts
No that water pump gasket cannot be replaced; you have to reuse it as is or buy a new pump. But if it wasn't leaking and its bearing and impeller are in good order it should be reusable.

·
Registered
120 Posts
Discussion Starter · #48 · (Edited)
The rebuild is almost finished, just waiting for ignition coil and leads. Then ill put the inlet manifold on, and ... done!
I made a mistake. I forgot to put covers over the petrol lines and vacuum line. A small amount of water might have went in, when I was cleaning. Any ideas on that?
If i use firewall material, what would be the best glue to use?

This is the one that I cant find a place for. Its two 10mm bolts. Ive looked everywhere.
Wood Handle Metal Composite material Tool

This one goes to the bottom of the inlet manifold.
Wood Material property Musical instrument accessory Tints and shades Eyewear

This is the one on the manifold, itself.
Automotive tire Tire Motor vehicle Vehicle Automotive exhaust

Cheers

·
Super Moderator
4,062 Posts
Power steering pump to water pump brace,
Organism Font Auto part Parallel Diagram

I made a mistake. I forgot to put covers over the petrol lines and vacuum line. A small amount of water might have went in, when I was cleaning. Any ideas on that?
Should be OK if left to dry for 24 hours and shaken to throw any water out.

If i use firewall material, what would be the best glue to use?
Get the self adhesive stuff and avoid having to make a choice.

·
Registered
120 Posts
Discussion Starter · #50 ·
Power steering pump to water pump brace, View attachment 55107

Should be OK if left to dry for 24 hours and shaken to throw any water out.

Get the self adhesive stuff and avoid having to make a choice.
Thanks, I'm still unsure of the STRAIGHT one.
Its doing my head in, to find a piece left over and not know where it goes.
(I forgot to take the pic of the water pump brace). Its not that one.

·
Registered
120 Posts
Discussion Starter · #52 ·
The bolt in the red circle was a free hole. I added my own bolt. Is this going to be a problem?

Motor vehicle Automotive tire Light Automotive design Alloy wheel

I'm still bamboozled about this straight one.There's a couple of possibilities. Maybe the intake manifold. Ill check it out in the next few days. Not too bad. One missing piece on my first rebuild HAHAHA

Bicycle part Wood Composite material Auto part Metal

Thanks, again

·
Registered
120 Posts
Discussion Starter · #57 · (Edited)
Cleaning up, and I found this piece. It might be spare parts, but I'm concerned it may be from the oil pump.
By your diagram, mine didnt have No. 8 Plug Oil Pump . 10. Screen & Cvr O/Pump. This screen held the spring in, without this 8 Plug Oil Pump , with a slight gap. Is that fine? Or do i need to get No. 8 ?

Rectangle Ruler Font Tape measure Office supplies

Light Automotive tire Motor vehicle Wheel Gas

·
Super Moderator
4,062 Posts
By your diagram, mine didn't have No. 8 Plug Oil Pump . 10. Screen & Cvr O/Pump. This screen held the spring in, without this 8 Plug Oil Pump , with a slight gap.
No that's fine the No. 8 plug was on E series only.

That pin is still puzzling me; you haven't disassembled the power steering pump at some point (and left a dowel out) have you?

41 - 60 of 101 Posts