Ford Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
2001 ranger no 4wd no clicks from 4x4 cm in kickpanel. Lights on right hand side on dash come on then off when starting. New transfer case motor. New shift knob on dash. Have tried 4 different 4x4 cm none have worked all or friends same years rangers. No clue what to do next and unsure if I have the original 4x4cm so not sure of a original part number or I would buy new

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
And possibly how to test stuff to make sure I’m getting power to the right places have checked every single fuse not just the ones that are suppose to be 4wd just to make sure

·
Super Moderator
7,785 Posts
Are you getting power to the control module? The path should be relatively simple, you get 12 VDC to the module that, in turn sends power to the transfer case motor. I can't remember if there's an external end switch to stop the motor, or if that's internal to the motor. If it's internal, you did state it's a new motor, did you notice external end switches?

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Sure didn’t. But luckily today me and a mechanic buddy of mine was tinkering with it and he happen to notice a bad spot in the wiring harness on the transfer case motor. Am sure enough 2 wires had bad spots an was ate into. Luckily enough on both sides to cut out an re wire. 4wd works like brand new again. Thank you very much for your reply. It is extremely appreciated

·
Registered
19 Posts
Thanks for the update.Sometimes its the kiss (Keep It Simple Stupid-KISS is a term started by a guru on a Mustang forum to remind members to look for the simple fix before digging too deep or throwin money parts at the problem) items that fix issues vs new parts or complex installs of difficult parts.Yours was fortunately an easy,quick, kiss item.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts