Ford Forums banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a 2001 ford ranger. About 2 months ago I changed the master cylinder because it would not go into gear at all and it worked great. Now I woke up this morning to go to work and the clutch was super easy to push in like way too easy and was not wanting to shift into gear. I’m thinking maybe slave cylinder. Anyone who has any more knowledge on this?

·
Registered
38 Posts
I have a 2001 ford ranger. About 2 months ago I changed the master cylinder because it would not go into gear at all and it worked great. Now I woke up this morning to go to work and the clutch was super easy to push in like way too easy and was not wanting to shift into gear. I’m thinking maybe slave cylinder. Anyone who has any more knowledge on this?
If the clutch pedal has little to no pressure when pressing it down & the transmission wont shift into gear,you've got an issue with the hydraulic system.Have you checked the clutch fluid reservoir under the hood to make sure its full?? If yes and if its full or if its low or empty,fill the reservoir with brake fluid and bleed the system at the slave cylinder bleeder.If this doesn't help,check the lines,master cylinder and slave cylinder for leaks.If no leaks are present & the fluid is full,the master cylinder or slave cylinder are possibly at fault.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts