Ford Forums banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have an odd one, I think. My A/C compressor went out in October '19. I installed a temporary bypass pulley. I plugged the manifold ports and wrapped it and the power connector up all nice and snug. I just replaced the compressor, pulled a vac and tried to recharge, but the clutch won't pull in. I have spent the last three hours troubleshooting. Initial charge took it to about 55 lbs and stopped. Hi/lo pressure switches have continuity. A/C relay is good and tried switching with another. I even pulled it out and put 12V to it and it closes and I get continuity between the contacts. I get 0 volts at either pin the clutch connector to GND (with engine running and A/C on), but I do get -12V at one pin to the positive battery terminal, which I assume is indicating the GND signal from the PCM. It looks to me like the hi/lo pressure switches and PCM are working, but there is a break between the fuse box (F-35 I think) and the compressor clutch connector, but I have no idea how that would have happened. Any ideas??

·
Super Moderator
960 Posts
How much r134a charge is in it?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Super Moderator
960 Posts
Is that with the compressor jumped or static pressure? And is that the low or high side? If its static pressure its low. Have you tried jumping the low pressure switch?

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Is that with the compressor jumped or static pressure? And is that the low or high side? If its static pressure its low. Have you tried jumping the low pressure switch?

Both high and low read 55 lbs. I did not jump the compressor. I did try jumping the low pressure switch with no luck.

·
Super Moderator
8,266 Posts
It should be easy enough to verify continuity between the clutch relay and the connector to the compressor. As far as how it happened? Perhaps once you confirm whether continuity is there you may be able to figure that part out.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
It should be easy enough to verify continuity between the clutch relay and the connector to the compressor. As far as how it happened? Perhaps once you confirm whether continuity is there you may be able to figure that part out.
Does anyone have a pin out of the relay and the compressor clutch connector? I don't know which which relay terminal in the fuse compartment to check. I get readings all over the place but not sure which is which. Need a schematic.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts