Ford Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a 2002 Lincoln Navigator with 45,000 miles on it, When I turn my A/C on.. my engine like jerks and feels like it wants to shut off.. and no cold air any idea what could be the problem .. only does this when I turn my A/C on.. I could use the vents and floor air only.. Thanks

·
canuck
2,493 Posts
if the compressor checks out OK, I'd also check the battery and alternator to make sure there's not a charging problem. Some shops can test/check at no charge.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I checked it.. looked at the compressor when turning on the A/C and the compressor doesnt turn.. now its making a noise.. I ordred a A/C compressor kit comes with
  1. Brand new A/C compressor with clutch and our Exclusive Gold Warranty
  2. Brand new receiver drier
  3. Brand new orifice tube
  4. O-ring kit - Specifically designed for your vehicle
  5. Two 8-oz bottles of Premium Double End capped PAG-46 oil
Thanks for your input I really appreciate it. Do you happen to know about how much a shop would charge me to change to compressor.?

·
canuck
2,493 Posts
I'd estimate a $200-300 job to install. Don't forget that they have to evac and recharge the system with refrigerant. Another thing to consider is hourly labour charges. Most shops in my area are in the $90-105/hr range. Shouldn't take more than three hours to do the work.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
I got the A/C compressor replaced and A/C system flushed and refilled.. know the problem is the front A/C works great, ice cold air but the rear A/C comes out warm no cold air.. Any idea why that is.?? Thanks for your help/input I really appreciate it

·
2002 F150 XLT
11,027 Posts
There are several things that can cause that. Usually on the front it's the blend door motor. The rear has a module that controls it too. It could also be the temperature control switch that isn't sending the signal. Hard to diagnose easily. If all the fuses are good, you'll probably have to take it to someone for testing. If you have a manual and are able to do the testing, then you could do it.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts