Ford Forums banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I am chasing a code P1450, "EVAP system not able to bleed fuel tank vacuum" on a 2003 Explorer XLT V6. There are no drivability issues, and no swoosh when the fuel cap is removed. The vent valve was replaced already (externally the plastic was crumbling), the purge valve will hold a vacuum when not powered, no apparent other issues. The one odd item is that my Bafx OBD2 dongle scanner tool used with the Torque Pro app says that the fuel tank pressure is 2600+ psi at all times. I don't know whether to trust that the scanner is actually reading an incorrect pressure, due to a fault with the fuel tank pressure sensor, or whether the scanner is not working correctly (I have heard that some of these dongle scanners don't work well with the J1850_PWM protocol) . Anyone else using the Bafx scanner with an early 2000s Explorer and seeing a normal fuel tank pressure? I had to add the predefined Ford PIDs to the standard list of PIDs on this scanner to get the ability to display fuel tank pressure.

·
Super Moderator
8,296 Posts
If you do not have a certain sensor, often the number provided will be a value that cannot be right. Trust me, you do NOT have 2600 pisg in your gas thank.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts