Ford Forums banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I had a few things that needed to be repaired before I got to this point; like replacing the leaking switch. So, here is my issue now I am getting 8 volts at the speed control servo on terminal 4 and I am getting the same on the BPP/ brake pedal position the red/light green wire unplugged. If I am following this correctly the RD/LG wire from the BPP goes to the TN/LB wire on the speed control servo. I did try to check the CPP clutch pedal Position there was no jumper in it and there is no voltage present there were I thought the wires should swap. I have not been able to find where the wires swap from inside to outside to see where I am picking up the voltage at, is there another part in the system I am unaware of or where do they run to and meet at? I also have run the self test and I getting a light up to Set/Accel but I am a tad unsure if the two flashes then are the BPP code or if I get a flash for the Set/Accel and one additional flash. The Servo does not move the cable in the self test but it does not flash 5 times at the beginning of the self test either.

·
Super Moderator
8,081 Posts
I don't want to steer you down a wrong path, but it sounds like you're describing the code fr a defective BPP.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Yes, I even replaced it. I push on the brake pedal I get the full 12v, if I disconnect the plug at the BPP and the Speed control servo I get the 8volts on both sides. All my brake lights works and there are no LED bulbs. I even traced the wire from the speed control to the firewall and it was in good condition. Weird thing is when I removed the top two terminals on the firewall the voltage dropped to 1.4v. I am starting to think I have a short under the hood somewhere that is running through a bunch of stuff, I even have the same voltage on my shift solenoid on the steering column.

·
Super Moderator
8,081 Posts
Easier said than done: Try disconnecting the end devices of the harness and then check for shorts to ground and across the wires. Not sure if you can, but it's worth the investigation.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts